Apply for the Competition
Acceptance will be made via Google Mail Form.
Please prepare your Google account, read the application terms and conditions,
and click the "Enter" button at the bottom of the page to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
- May I submit a derivative work based on someone else's work?
- No. All entries must be original, copyright-free works created or owned by the participant. Entries must be original, copyright-free works created or owned by the participant.
- Is it OK if I apply for a project that I have created in the past?
- Yes, no problem.
However, since this is a competition based on the premise that the works will be sold, please submit works that you have in your possession.
- Can I enter more than one category, such as one in the original art category and one in the three-dimensional category?
- Yes, you may submit up to three (3) entries across genres or in the same genre. You may submit up to three entries across genres or multiple entries in the same genre.
- Can I get a receipt for my participation fee?
- Please use the credit card payment details that will be issued to you.
Terms and Conditions of Application
- No age or painting experience required.
- Only residents of Japan and Taiwan are eligible.
- Up to 3 entries per person.
- A participation fee of 4,000 yen per entry is required.
application to participate
- Please use the Google Form on our website to submit your application.
- Up to three images of your work (partial view, different angles, etc.) may be submitted per entry.
- Selected applicants will be invited to participate in a group exhibition that will also serve as a second screening.
Multiple works, including selected works, may be exhibited. Please consult with us individually regarding the method of exhibition.
*The body of the work, including original, three-dimensional, and digital works, will be required from the exhibition after the work has been selected.Please note that at the time of the first screening, only the images will be reviewed.
Friday, July 15, 2022 through Monday, October 31, 2022
judging of artwork
This audition will be judged twice to determine the grand prix entry.
A group exhibition will be held by the 10 artists selected in the first round, and the Grand Prix will be selected by the last day of the exhibition.
Artists who have passed the preliminary screening will be informed of the results of the selection process by the Secretariat. No artist may withdraw from participation in the exhibition after the official announcement of the selection results. If your work is not selected, you may withdraw your entry, but we will not be able to refund the participation fee.
The audition will not infringe on the rights of any work submitted.
If your work includes fan art or other designs that use pre-existing models or characters, please be sure to obtain permission from the
copyright holders before submitting your work.
In the event that an applicant is found to have not consented to the audition, the screening results will be invalidated and the entry may be cancelled at the audition's discretion.
Please complete the rights process before applying for this audition.
The Auditions will not be held responsible for any disputes arising from unprocessed entries.
The images and documents provided by the applicants may be reproduced and used for publicity purposes on SNS and in the media in Japan, Taiwan, and abroad, and the applicant agrees in advance to such reproduction and use.
The exhibitor agrees to cooperate in the interviewing, filming, and provision of artwork without compensation through this audition.
Works that are not selected may also be published for publicity purposes at events such as publicity and exhibitions related to this audition.
Progress of Examination
Entries will be judged online.
Based on the submitted images, art dealers and artists from Japan and Taiwan will judge the entries based on the results of supporters' votes, and the results will be announced on December 5.
Screening method for this audition
The works will be judged by a panel of judges, who will decide on each award and present it to the winners.
The purpose and objective of this audition is "to discover and exchange new artists.
- Grand Prix – One work will be selected from all the works
- chosen (in a competition) – 10 artists selected from all works
After the audition period, we will consult with the winning entries to provide them with opportunities to present their works through the Agency and other ongoing support for their activities.
The Japanese version of this Agreement shall take precedence over all others and shall be in full force and effect.
matters to be agreed upon
All applicants to the ACI Auditions shall be deemed to have accepted this Agreement.
Matters not stipulated in this Agreement and any doubts that may arise shall be adjudicated by the ACI AUDITION Executive Committee.
Please be sure to check the latest information on this audition, as it changes every year.
The information (basic information, application conditions, terms of application, precautions, etc.) in all advertising and publicity materials of this audition are subject to change without notice.
This audition may be postponed or cancelled due to natural disasters, pandemics, or other unavoidable reasons.
(Go to Google Mail Form)